Keeping your soft furnishings clean and crisp makes a huge difference to your home. So here are some tips…….
Soft furnishings like curtains, cushions and throws, need just as much attention as the rest of your home to keep them from looking dull. Regular maintenance will keep them in great condition and they will last longer, leaving that just cleaned feeling in your home. Follow these handy maintenance tips to leave your soft furnishings looking as fabulous as the day you got them!
Curtains & Window dressings
- These days you only need to vacuum your curtains with the brush head from top to bottom, it’s very rare that you will ever need to machine-wash curtains. If you need to, however, avoid machine washing fabrics like velvet, brocade, silk and chenille. Always check the labels or ask for expert advice.
- Similarly, roller and roman blinds can be vacuumed or dusted with a soft brush.
- Dust and clean curtains tracks and fixings to ensure dust is kept away from the fabric fibres.
- Dust sofas, ottomans, footstools, headboards and throws regularly – it’s amazing the dust they collect! Again, using the upholstery adapter on the vacuum, you can achieve this in minutes.
- Brush the dust off upholstered headboards, especially the buttoned ones.
- Turn removable cushions weekly to ensure even wear, don’t forget to plump them back up at every opportunity to leave your home looking just like the cleaners left!
- Wash any removable covers every 6 months depending on wear of course to keep soft furnishings looking fresh and clean.
- Cushions can so easily make a home feel loved or tired. A quick tip to keep your cushions looking plump and new, is to hold each cushionat opposite corners and push them together to plump up the infill.
- Always buy feather infills as they last for years and keep that plump look for much longer unless you have an allergy of course.
- Top tip: remember zips to the floor! Always place your cushions zip end down to hide those seams for that perfect cushion arrangement.
Elizabeth Styles Soft Furnishings, injecting that wow factor into your home!
If you simply don’t know where to start or need some design advice, call me for a chat and we can begin transforming your space into something amazing.
Tel: 07504 528 363