Distant shores – we are all yearning for this, right? There are many people who have missed the freedom to go abroad in the past year, so at Elizabeth Styles we predict a return to interiors that are globally inspired by our travels abroad, where our spaces will reflect our favourite places and memories.
The Distant Shores trend can be interpreted in many ways including tropical leaves and florals, subtle monotones and soft lemons. Think Mediterranean, think Marrakech, think Caribbean, think ‘Out of Africa’, think Asia!
So, how can you embrace this trend to give your home a renewed sense of individualism?
- Get inspired with warm earthy palettes and invest in some natural textures like rattan woven tables, lampshades and home accessories.
- Create a jungle getaway by filling your home with tropical plants. Not only are they beautiful, bringing vibrancy and colour to our homes, but they also freshen the air, filtering out pollutants and releasing oxygen.
- Style a room to tell a story of your travels, dig out those holiday souvenirs and co-ordinate them with a couple of on trend pieces of furniture.
- Hang some ‘animalia’ wallpaper and add some fabulous large prints of wildlife to add impact.
- Capture relaxing and beach getaways by decorating with aquas and inky blues for a calm and contemporary look.
- Replace your heavy winter curtains with beautiful voiles for that ‘curtains fluttering in the breeze’ feel.
- Add a beautiful voile canopy above your bed, suspended on a pole for that exotic ‘camping under the stars’ look.
- Re-tile your bathroom with Moroccan inspired mosaic tiles.
- Or how about adding some striped cushions and rugs in vibrant colours to emulate a Morrocan eastern vibe?
- Make a focal point in your bedroom by having your headboard covered in Mediterranean inspired pink or citrus colours – the perfect place for that siesta – did someone say siesta?