Gallery art walls are a cool way to completely transform a room and create a focal point. With all of us spending more time at home, this is a relatively inexpensive way to add impact or a new dimension to one of your rooms. So here’s how to create your flawless display!
1. Choose the items you wish to display and group together as a theme
2. Ideas include your favourite photos or pictures, plates, hats, woven trays, vinyl LP sleeves, magazine covers, canvases, mirrors, maps, plants or even chopping boards.
3. Tie the collection together by sticking to a consistent colour theme. Use the same shapes but vary the sizes and texture if you wish to add more interest.
4. On your wall take measurements your available space – width and height. Make a note of eye level, so your favourites can take centre stage.
5. Lay all your pieces on the floor, so that you can test the layout within the same area you measured on the wall. This ensures you will not make mistakes when hanging them and damage your walls unnecessarily.
6. Start by positioning your largest and most favourite piece in the centre and fit the others around it.
7. A gap of between 5 cm and 13 cm works well. However, the secret is to ensure each item has the same distance between them.
8. Take a photograph and make a brown paper template of where everything goes once you are happy with the layout.
9. Transfer the template onto your wall marking where all the screws should be fixed.
10. Hang all your beautiful items.
Stand back and ENJOY!!!!