With the nights drawing in and as we switch our wardrobes over to comfy warm woollens and textured fabrics, we should think about reflecting these changes in our homes too. Plus, it will be fun to ‘turn over a new leaf’ and update your home for a cosier feel. With family time and connecting with nature being such a comforting feeling, bring nature into your home. Here are some great creative ideas to ‘fall’ for.
1. An Autumn garland is a perfect way to create an inviting entrance to your home by crafting leaves, pines, acorns, even use faux autumnal flowers to add to your front door garland.
2. Close in furniture to make your room layout more intimate, the feeling of closeness will make you feel more connected.
3. Colour your home and add depth. For instance, if you have a scheme with pinks and light shades, add burgundy throws or pillows. Chocolate and black are great colours to ground a scheme and instantly add depth. Orange is a perfect colour that is so energetic, yet comforting; you’ll be surprised how well it goes with most colours!!
4. Textures – layer, layer, layer. Be it accessories, pampas grass, throws, cushions, furs, hides, even rugs on rugs! Yes, add a sheepskin rug on top of your existing rug to add that extra element of cosiness.
5. Scents! Infuse your home with rich scents with bases such as amber, cedarwood, pomegranate, pine, clove or pumpkin spice. You will instantly feel like you’ve just stepped into Autumn.
And finally, get yourself a hot chocolate and enjoy the fruits of your labour. Please do let me know if you’ve done any of the above!